Thursday, October 11, 2012

Would you ever run for public office?

Gratitude Day 5- Aren't You Grateful You Aren't Running for Office??


So it's election time and I know everyone is getting tired of all the commercials, the media coverage, the non stop election coverage each day, the constant campaigning and it's only going to increase as the election approaches.

I understand that and I agree but...

 I will say that I am grateful that there are people out there

that feel compelled to make a difference and run for office.

Even if I don't share the same values, beliefs or political views or don't necessarily agree with the difference that they want to make...

 I am thankful that there are people
out there that feel driven or passionate enough to run for office whatever it might be and serve our
country.

 I sure couldn't handle the constant criticism from both political parties back and forth, your entire life forever in the spot light, the constant debate and all the information and facts to keep up while everyone is telling you what stinks about you all the time.

Imagine having a commercial about you,  (sad announcer voice) "Cassie Lindberg... Don't vote for her, she didn't stop at a stop sign once,  (camera pans to a car crash) she sometimes chews with her mouth open (camera shoots food on the ground) and she hates cute little kittens (zoom up close on a little kittens face)."

I truly believe that people that run for office do want whats best for America even though they can't agree on what that is and do deserve some respect.

It's so easy to just say we hate everybody running and politicians are shady
(I know that some have been proven to be)
BUT
I am thankful somebody is running, somebody wants to be a leader and somebody wants to the job.
(because I sure as hell wouldn't want it :)

So I'm grateful for public figures today and the sacrifices they make.
( and so grateful I don't have their job :)

1 comment:

  1. But Cassie, how can you hate cute little kitties?! :( Well, at least Max is a cute little puppy. :)

    ReplyDelete