Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kids Say the Darnedest Things- Day 10

Kids-     Gratitude Day 10 (from yesterday)



Student: "Mrs. Lindberg, who invented the word up?"
Me: "That's a good question."
Student: "I think it must have been Abraham Lincoln... (thinks for a second)...yep it was him"

Me: "What would you like to write about today?"
Student: "Well, I don't want to write about Justin Bieber, I hate Justin Bieber."
Me: "Ok then... we'll avoid that topic"

Day number 10,  I was grateful for kids, for my students in particular,
for their funny perspectives, their excitement for learning, their short attention spans...
which means yes, they are often easily distracted but also easy to bounce back and move on from a challenge.


P.S.- FYI this is not a picture of my class, if you look closely it's an old photo of my preschool
class at Halloween and yep, I'm the little bunny next to the yellow crayon Dana, and there's cute little Melena and Khelsey in the picture too.








No comments:

Post a Comment