Monday, October 15, 2012

This GUY

This Guy- Gratitude Day 9


Of course I'm grateful for "this guy" for many many reasons and more than just one day in a 30 day gratitude challenge but today I'm especially grateful for "this guy"and I want to share why.

So put yourself in his shoes...
Your wife leaves to go run a few errands and a few minutes later you get a phone call from the garage, "umm...sorry I think I hit (more like bumped) your car, oops, can you come out here and help me back out of the garage?"

To my defense we live on a tight alley garage, you have to almost turn at a 90 degree angle to avoid hitting the car parked in the driveway, avoid hitting the side of the skinny garage and make it onto the little winding alley.  It's tricky because you have to turn at a sharp angle to move out of the garage as soon as you start backing out to the alley.  

Well, let's get to the gratitude part...
instead of coming out and squawking, getting upset or giving me a well deserved lecture,

I see his patience.

He drops what he was doing, sees I'm fine, looks at the car says you can hardly see it, gently takes the keys and backs it the rest of the way out for me so I can run my errand no questions asked.

So calm, so laid back, so patient, just how he is in literally every situation.

This is a way that he surprises me and for that I'm grateful, 
an example in patience, 
something that I often need a lesson in.

No comments:

Post a Comment