Sunday, October 7, 2012

Gratitude

When life gets busy and we are thinking of the next thing we need to do, its hard to live in the moment.  When life doesn't go as planned, when there's disappointment, you're frusterated, distracted, focused, self absorbed, worried, it's hard to live in the moment.

So my goal for this next year, a year when I'm really trying to slow down, invest more time in the things that really matter and enjoy each day, I am going to start a gratitude journal on my blog. When I looked up gratitude online to get the "official" definition here's what it said, "The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness."  I need to show appreciation to God for all he's given me and appreciation to those around me for the positive way they've impacted my life and give back with kindness.

Everyday I want to focus on and think about at least one thing I am thankful for no matter how simple or how extraordinary.

Psalm 118:24 says it best...
This is the day that The Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.




Day 1:
I am grateful for my parents. For their guidance, support (both financial $$ and emotional)  love, patience ( I'm sure there are times you needed a lot of it with me :) sense of humor,
Hard work (sooooo much hard work)  faith, example, and for the wonderful people they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment