Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Original Art

My uncle Mike, is a very creative guy.

(Melena we know where you get it ;)

Here's the Story...

Around Thanksgiving we went to Brainerd. My aunt and uncle Marty and Julie live there and Cindy and Mike just moved there into their retirement home.
It is this gorgeous log cabin style house on the river. We had a tour of there house with the great views out every window.

Other than the amazing views I noticed these great square wooden frames filled with wine corks in an artsy arrangement. There was 2 or 3 frames of the same size and the abstract appearance of the corks was so fun, so creative and so green. So naturally I raved over them and asked "Where did you get these, they are fantastic!" (being the wine lover that I am) My cousin Jenessa replied that her dad, my uncle Mike made them. Uncle Mike is always making creative projects and things. He always used to make creative things to give to all of Cindy's sisters at Christmas. I told Jenessa, tell your dad I love that!

So today is my first day of official summer break, now that my classroom is all cleaned up.
To my surprise to start summer break I received a package today.
Inside the box full of packing peanuts was my very own original wine cork art in a beautiful homemade wood frame.

Etched on the back of the frame it said "Happy Anniversary Peter and Cassie."

It made me tear up a little....how thoughtful that he made one for us, that he remembered how much I loved it.

And how great that they got to drink 60 plus bottles of wine to do it!

Thanks Mike and Cindy that was very thoughtful.

Now it's hanging by our wine glass cabinet and wine rack.



PS: Can you see the hidden L design in the corks?

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Happy 'summer break' and upcoming anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. cute. But.. 60 bottles of wine=1 month for them. Ah, retirement.

    ReplyDelete