Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring Gardens

My new hobby is gardening.

Now that I have a house that is already landscaped with lots of gardens I have to keep up. I've had to learn what the world of gardening entails. To learn how to keep from killing plants. This used to be my main achievement when gardening or simply watering potted plants.

I used to watch my moms garden and think, "what's the point of pulling weeds, they just grow back again"...or "no one even sees the garden but the us so what's all the fuss." I always appreciated her colorful arrangements growing up but never saw myself finding the same enjoyment.

Suprisingly, I've enjoyed it so far and am a little embarassed that I get all excited when I get to go plant shopping. The rush of walking up and down the green house rows of colorful flowers with the beautiful variety of petals and choices of sun and shade.

I guess this proves that our interests and hobbies change as we get older...if I start knitting or playing shuffle board then I'll start to worry!












1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good Cassie! I need to get moving on our yard...so much to do!

    ReplyDelete