Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Second Chances- Day 24

This post is for gratitude Day 24, I'm getting close to the end of my 30 day gratitude challenge.

Even if it was a day that I didn't have a chance to post I found something each day.

I will admit it was hard some days.

While of course I could always think of the people in my life to be grateful for and all the physical blessings God gives on a daily basis
 some days
you just don't feel like focusing on gratefulness and it's easier to let your mind focus on the selfish
things and not be focused on God and his plan.

But yesterday I was thankful for second chances.
Isn't it nice to be able to try again when you don't get something right the first time.

You know that old saying, "If at first you don't succeed try try again."

Sometimes you want to punch the person that says that phrase as you are falling off your bike, skinning your knee, when you're trying to learn to ride with out training wheels.

Or when you're trying to loose weight and you hit that road block and you hear well keep trying, try harder.

or when you are trying to cut a hole in your house for your egress window and it's not working and your wife keeps saying want to "try again".... yep it get's a little annoying at those times

but really isn't it great we get to try again and that we get a second chance to
be better than we were the day before.

God gives us so many blessings and the gift of a second chance through his constant forgiveness
and "willing" us to be more like Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment