Monday, August 17, 2009

Starbucks or Caribou? That is the question...

One of my many favorite things is to do is to go to a coffee shop and enjoy a latte or a machiatto read a good book or take it with me as I run errands.
In my neighborhood I enjoy the "Nokomis Beach" coffee house, "Minnehaha Coffee" and the new bakery on 34th Ave. with truffles and cakes as well as coffee called "3 Tiers." I also enjoy the coffee made from my own pot when I'm trying to save a little money :)

While I would much rather support my local Mpls coffee shops right out my front door...in my own neighborhood, I am not always conviently close to these classic corner shops when I need a little coffee break.

That leads me to my next point.
There is always a Starbucks or a Caribou right in reach every little place you go.
I know I perhaps should like Caribou better because it is a Minnesota based company (like Target, in case you didn't know)
I am all about supporting Minnesota based companys like Target which gives an enourmous amount of money back to MN communities (unlike health care denying Walmart :) )

....but there is something about Starbucks Carmel Machiatto with skim milk that just trumps Caribous carmel latte every time.

Oh and don't dare ask a Caribou employee if they can make a carmel machiatto , they get really crabby and say their latte is the same thing. (but it's not)

Starbucks also has the better pastries if you are going to splurge a little. The little vanilla bean scone is all you need for a little treat and it's so small you don't have to feel that guilty.

So I guess I'm going to continue to support a Seattle based company every now and then.

What's your pick>?????

No comments:

Post a Comment