Friday, June 5, 2009

All Out of Air

Thursday morning I woke up as usual. I got dressed and ready to go for the day, hoped in my car and began to drive.
As I pulled off the side of the road, I hear crunch...ch...ch..ch .... and notice my car is leaning a little too far to the left. It's got to be a flat tire.

What am I going to do I'd already pulled off the road and am in the middle of the intersection of 54th and 47th, of course we live on a one way.
So quickly I pull another left down the alley.
I get to our back driveway. And of course our other car is parked there so I can't stop there and I defiantly can't stop in the alley because cars can't get through.

So what now?

Keep driving.

So I continue to drive on a totally flat tire down the long alley and back up our block to our house.
I'm not sure what the rules are for driving on a flat tire but I was really afraid I broke something more.
The sounds I heard as I crunched along did not sound promising.
When I finally reached the safety of our curb I took a look at the tire.
No puncture or cut to the tire, it just looked like it was cracked from wear and tear.

Luckily, Peter takes the light rail so I could run in and grab his spare key, easily making it to work only 15 minutes late.

Luckily, the tire was already flat and didn't slowly flatten as I drove to work so I'd be stranded on the freeway.

Luckily, I have this great fixer guy close by who can easily put on a spare... until I can get a new one.









No comments:

Post a Comment