Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Unexpected Package

A month ago I ordered 25 fish, 10 pond snails, duckweed, algae and daphnia for a classroom aquarium. Finally, I got the package... excited faces were watching as I pulled out the critters for the aquarium.

Pond Snails...check
duckweed...check
algae...check
daphinia...check
fish, platys to be exact...check...oh crap

25 dead life less fish in a bag... 5 year old curious faces, "oh teacher, I think the fish are sleeping"

"Yep, that's probably it..." (quickly put fish back in the box...note to self make a trip to Petco for some fish after school)

I bought 10 fish at Petco. The next day only one student said..."How come the fish look different today teacher?"

Monday 4 were dead, now I'm down to 6.

Tuesday 2 more hit the great blue yonder of the toilet bowl..

Now I'm down to 4...

Please fish could you live a little longer! So far the Kindergarteners have not noticed...
It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment